Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Indiana/Illinois

We spent the Labor Day weekend in Indiana! Marc went to the Notre Dame game on Saturday and had one of the best days of his life (I'll put a blog together when I get all the pictures together)! Me and the kids got to hang out with my side of the family who all live in Lafayette, IN. This is a 4 generation picture with My dad, his mom, Me, and Eden. This was the first time for my grandma to meet Eden!
Krimson slept in my grandma's room with her every night! My grandma and Krimson have the same favorite color...Purple and that was the color of my grandma's room! Krimson and her great grandma really bonded and this is her sleeping in the chair in my grandma's room after they visited one morning.
On our way home from Indiana we swung past the Fagers to get a quick visit in with them and Kelli! After lunch we had a pretty physical football game...people were in tree's, over fences, blocking, falling over kids...good times!
These were the names of the teams and at half time the score was tied! Eden we keeping up with the score while we played :)

We had to keep our eyes on these two trouble makers who were taking the game WAY to serious, as you can tell. :)
The Bears had a pretty good defense this year, the Irish really had to be on top of their game!
The Irish's captain, Marc, pulled some pretty sweet plays out of his hat that kept the Bear's on their toes.
From what I can tell from this picture is that Papa got taken out by Jude and Krimson, Adam was a little late too help him out, and Kelli (more than likely) got taken out by Marc who didn't hang around to help her up.
It was pretty hard to stop Adam "the speedster" Fager! By far the MVP for the Bears!!
Eden got a little tired of score keeping and wanted to get in on a few snaps...Adam wasn't too sure about that.
Adam kicking off for the Bears and Kelli not sure if he was going to kick the ball or her!
My full time job, except for one sneak play into the end zone, was center. Here it looks like Eden is the only one getting the snap.
Krimson enjoyed tackling Jude...the only problem was they were on the same team!
Krimson also enjoyed playing dead after being tackled...she was a huge support to her team!
The final score...14 to 20...the Bears came out victorious! Better luck next year Irish!

We celebrated Kelli and My's birthdays and Eden enjoyed sharing with Papa...I'm not sure if Papa ended up getting any cake and ice cream
Krimson enjoyed dancing for everyone in one of the pretty dresses Grandma had for her. Here she is really striking a pose.
Going home...Krimson is all packed and dressed for a 9 hour trip!
Every since Eden was little little she has loved her blanket over her head or face when she's tired. The first picture is her getting there...the second is her OUT! Both times she put the blanket on herself.

Krimson and the legs of the boys...it was a fun end of the summer trip. Now I think we will be home for a while!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Great pics, Kare! Although I must say - sadly - the ones of me bear an unCANNY resemblance to the Coomber drawing ... lol ... I think you did that on purpose ... hahaha ...